Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3D Model Restless Legs and BPA

3D Model Restless Legs and BPA

Eliminating BPA from my diet appears to have made a significant improvement in my RLS symptoms.

Essentially all canned foods and beverages contain BPA as do foods and beverages stored in containers made of polycarbonate (recycle code 7). A recent Harvard study showed that eating canned soup five days in a row raised BPA levels in urine almost 1300%.

For years, I've suffered from RLS. Recently, the symptoms became so severe that they were affecting my ability to work. After reading about the Harvard study and, separately, about a possible link between BPA and RLS, I decided to eliminate BPA from my diet; no canned foods, no canned drinks, nothing stored in plastic containers with a recycle code of 7. Also, no restaurant foods that may have canned origins like tomato sauces.

The change in my RLS symptoms has been dramatic. While there is no scientific proof that eliminating BPA helps RLS, it's something that's easy to do. For me, it has been well worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment